This week I spent working on revising my requirements documents. Specifically I worked on formally defining the magical elements and weapon types. I also started work on my new damage calculator which should take into effect physical and magical attacks. I’m planning on having basic single arrow types available for all of the magical elements. These arrows you’ll be able to fire at a faster rate than the fire and ice arrows in Prelude (almost as fast as normal arrows) but they’ll have reduced pierce damage; however, different types of enemies may have certain elemental weaknesses that you can learn to exploit. There will also be a series of upgraded magical arrows as well as class specific magical arrows (and super arrow spells).
Dang it’s hot. Not the most fun time to be programming in a room full of heaters (that’s what I call my computers). Anyway, despite the weather I’ve managed to get a lot of work done on the not so fun stuff about making games… optimizing. Well it’s kind of fun to see your games perform more efficiently, but at the end of the day, 10 hours can go by and all you have to show for it is the same exact game (hopefully without many extra bugs) but one that runs a bit more smoothly. So unfortunately I don’t have any cool new flashy animations or graphics to show off, but I can say that you’ll start to see more fun stuff in the coming weeks, so stay tuned. But I did manage to dig up my fireworks demo from last year and integrate it with the main page. Now you can change between the Spaceship Demo, the Plague Demo, and now the Fireworks Demo.