Have an Epic Christmas and Glorious New Year! [Bowmaster Update 0.2.0]

Play Bowmaster Winter Storm! Check out the new holiday updates! Gifts are literally raining from the heavens. Santa, whilst performing evasive maneuvers to avoid dragon fire, dropped a few presents and needs your help getting them back!

New Mission Type

Save Christmas! – Save the presents from obliteration. Use your grunts to return the gifts to the Christmas tree. Likewise, make sure to prevent the evil army from stealing the gifts. The Evil army seems to be making an evil stew and the main ingredient is broken dreams and unfulfilled holiday wishes — prevent the evil army from taking presents back to their boiling cauldrons.

Featuring new original intro music by Jonathan Adamich

Featuring classic and new original music by MarcusTYR

Fixes

Fixed issue that caused the Ice/Fire Storm from being summoned if the summon arrow was shot from too close to the edge of the screen.

Experimental

Added new allied unit ranking system. Allied unit ranks are now relative to your hero rank — an “upper rank” value is calculated depending on your hero rank. The higher your hero rank the higher the upper rank can be. It’s not a one-to-one relationship. You should start to see rank 2 units at hero rank 7, and rank 10 (max rank) units at hero rank 31. Unit ranks are still randomized from rank 1 to upper rank where upper rank is capped at 10.

48 Responses to Have an Epic Christmas and Glorious New Year! [Bowmaster Update 0.2.0]

1. Koda says:

Can you tell us what they are?

Awsome, my people can bring presents! Jason, can you keep those forever? I LIKE IT!
    AWSOME

Jason, the game is getting so hard even on easy, can you make it easier

4. David says:

Games does not load after this update it keeps saying the Title over and over after the log appear it resets

You may need to clear your browser cache and reload. Let me know if you get it to work. I’ve been able to get it to download fine on two computers so far.

I am impressed, but I still want those things I talked about from the last update page (Remember, I told you to read the posts)

Jason, what happens when you get the presents? All I see is the coins, which I don’t need

7. Stefan says:

Jason, Iwas wondering if you could put this as a permanent game mode and include a button so that we can pick up presents. Also maybe make it so you move slower and can’t jump if you’re carrying a present.

I created this gift-mode with the intention of using it in the future for other modes (e.g. capture the flag) and I will most likely re-skin the mode to be “capture the artifacts” with basically the same objectives without the Christmas graphics. For now, enjoy the gifts and bonus gold!

8. Kyle says:

Jason,
    the musics are awesome!!!!!
    I LOVE IT!!!

Jason, I found something interesting, when a pest dragon shoots poison or ice, when it hits my castle, sometimes it deals fire instead.

10. iarilo says:

Is it the same with the arrows?
    Or they don’t upgrade with the rank?

11. iarilo says:

(about the ranking system)

12. iarilo says:

My allies don’t even go to the gifts when there’s no enemy.
    And the boss-levels: the gifts are raining, but i can’t pickup them.
    I like the music, but why does it only play on the left side of my headphones?
    The sound is o.k., but the music plays only on the left side…

Right now only the Grunts and Wolves will go get gifts (at least they’re supposed to). If they don’t then let me know.

As for boss levels, I just forgot to make it not rain presents since you can’t pick up the gifts (only your grunts/wolf).

That’s odd about the music only playing on the left side. The music seems to play on both sides for me. Sometimes that happens if you don’t have your headphones all the way plugged in. What browser are you using? Anyone else get this problem?

13. DJ Bnw says:

I found a bug.
    I noticed you implemented the new “barrier”where the projectiles from the fire storm and ice storm will “combust” and explode when they reach the side of the screen.

However , i was playing this round where my trebuchet was right at the corner of the screen and wasnt moving cause it had the range. The movable “arm” of the trebuchet was behind the screen and its projectile would continiously make contact with the barrier and explode , be it an exploding round , or fire one , i could see it. i think the normal round rolled back since i didnt see anything happen sometimes, even though it showed the animation of throwing a projectile

Anwyays Cheers
    Happy Christmas and Merry New year ! What??

Please add the multiplayer and the stuff from my long post on the last update page!!!!!

15. Ultima says:

1. I think you should add in more upgrades for certain units in a future update for this game, especially for the wolves and pikemen – Wolves just appear as Rank 1/Pikemen as rank 4 or below and get killed before they could do much in higher levels in the game.
    It’s pretty much the grunts and my bow doing most of the work…

2. It’s rather unbalanced that all my units are just land units and not even one single air unit. You should add an air unit in for upgrading as dragons in the evil army just EASILY kill my units from above and one hit KO melee most units. They are so overpowered… I am currently playing on easy mode, I can not even dare to imagine if I attempt to play a harder mode, the health increase in these dragons will make them become proper annoying pests to deal with.

I’ve played hardest and everything was running fast, even my units, but I’ve beaten a few hard dragons

I have a question, does your hero rank affect the damage you deal?

18. Guillermo says:

I have an idea for the light and dark arrow upgrade, why not have both those arrows charge their energy, you know like in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes? With the same effects, assuming you’ve played the game, if you’re not familiar then let me fill you in. The Dark Arrow when fully charged will fire a dark blob that will engulf the enemy and freeze them like the Ice Arrow only it will seek the enemy out up to a certain distance (if it hits the ground) until it fades away and it’ll also do DOT as they’re frozen. As for the Light Arrow, when fully charged it’ll fire a light spread (like a shotgun) and each one of the shots seek out an enemy target and it too will do DOT when the shots hit. So what you do you suggest?

• kyle_kanotaki says:

agree…
      i believed Jason sorta forgot about the dark and light arrows…
      jason u need to upgrade them and be added some cool effects when shot, or just delete them since there’s no point of having the dark and light arrows in the game…
      in similarity, good thing the Earth arrow came back… it was heavily ignored back then X( …

19. kyle_kanotaki says:

all right Jason i found this bug…
    when i shoot the ice arrow at some random enemy guy the ice color somehow changed to cement gray
    mind if u fix that pleaz?

20. AGMIN says:

Jason.
    My profyle in winterstorm is every update deleted.

You could have a giant troll to buy as an allie, that would be really cool!

22. David says:

I do not know what happen but it works fine now. How many levels are in Beta. (hopefully 100lv)

23. sabre1222 says:

Hey Jason I reckon you should make a practice mode when you have to shoot targets with different arrows to get better and to also practice on the enemies weak points/elements.

24. Just a suggestion:
    If I remember correctly, “Bowmaster: Prelude” had an options page of some sort that was basically a list of all the different types of enemies, their strengths/weaknesses, and what element(s) had the most/least effect on them. I’m failing to see one in “Winter Storm” however, and it’s quite confusing trying to figure out which of my arrows will hurt some of the enemies the most. Trying to tell the difference between poison/cure enemies is particularly annoying, since when I get it wrong, I end up accidentally healing my enemy instead of killing them.

But I am glad to see some progress being made in the world of Bowmaster. I’ve been a hard-core fan since the very beginning. It’s been quite a few years too, and I just wanna say thanks for making such addictive/amazing games.

25. laserdog says:

cool update how are these characther for us generated

26. marksmen says:

when i was looking for the old fireworks game in the blog, i noticed that when you first announced winter storm, you had plans for an arcade mode… i was wondering if you scrapped that idea or plan to add it in later.

27. Anonymous says:

You should make the benefits and cons of a class. I don’t actually care if i can fire a wacky bomb or not

28. StJohn says:

Just noticed that I lost my level 100+ char. Any way to cheat my way back or do I have to play the countless hours all over again?

29. indianboy says:

Could you please make an air ally? I’ve been playing on easy and am on lvl 58 and the dragons are super annoying and kill most of my units. If you could do that it’ll be cool. other than that I really like this game and nice work on it.

30. Dobby says:

Just a question Jason, where are saved files kept on the computer? Every time I use CCleaner to speed up my computer, it deletes my save file.
    Thanks!

• StJohn says:

I think that’s what I accidentally did when running it after I uninstalled some crap. However, there are options in CCleaner to not remove files from your browser cache. Check the applications tab if you’re not using IE.

Google “Flash Shared Object” and it will tell you. It depends on your OS.

31. SonOfBDEC says:

I love it!. But could you make a slider where you can control how much the frenzy/focus attributes are affecting you? I do occasionally need to hit hard rather than fast. Also, maybe you could make a button to take all your upgrades and give you a refund so you can re spend your points. It becomes annoying when you get something accidentally. Air allies would be nice too.

• RoarFury says:

that would be useful, but i believe it should only be accesible between rounds. during the round, it could be too rigged if you could do a few light shots to find your mark and then a powerful shot to kill it.