Bowmaster Winter Storm Beta Update 0.1.0.19

New Bowmaster Winter Storm Updates! Enhanced Spike Trap Arrow and Fire Arrow. Damage popup text improved. New and improved shooting style selection screen during profile creation with animations that explain how each shooting style works.

Shooting style selection screen in the profile creation wizard is no longer just text. Animations demonstrate the different shooting modes. This is a more effective way to help new players understand how each of the shooting styles works.

Added ready status indicator to pull string shooting style in the form of an arrow tip. This is in addition to the drag-circle color. The issue that occurred before was that if a user pulled the circle off screen then there wasn’t an easy way to tell if their selected arrow was ready to shoot unless they glanced down at the action bar. Now if the circle is dragged off screen the user needs only to glance at the hero unit to see the color of the arrow-tip indicator. Just a reminder about the color codes: Green means ready to shoot, Blue means not enough mana, Gray means cooldown time not finished, Red means not enough mana and cooldown time not finished.

Hunter’s Spike Trap Arrow no longer breaks on contact with objects. In fact, the arrow no longer hits any object but the ground at which point it deploys. This will enable Hunter’s to place traps directly underneath mobs of enemies. If you liked the challenge of placing traps by avoiding hitting objects then let me know in the blog comments. Otherwise if you really like not having your spike traps break on contact with objects then let us know how happy you now are.

Significantly increase the base-level mana regen rate. Slightly increased the mana regen rate bonus for the mana regen upgrade.

Fire Arrow now places a damage-causing flame when contacting the ground (instead of placing a little flame that doesn’t do any damage). Anyone that walks across the flame will take damage.

Increased mana cost of Fire Arrow, Earth Arrow, and Electro Arrow (due to their recent boost in awesomeness).

Damage popups from unit melee attacks no longer show up all in the same spot — they should be easier to see now. Also if the damage caused by a unit is primarily elemental then you will know this by the color of the popup text.

Fixes

Fixed bug that caused the debug flash player to show a null reference error when hitting Fire Elemental Grunts with an Electro Arrow or Chain Lightning arrow.

125 Responses to Bowmaster Winter Storm Beta Update 0.1.0.19

1. Adregun says:

Nice updates jason… lately i was always runing out of mana :(

2. djpetezo says:

Great update!
    Can you add some more rows on the action bar as you can no longer fit all the arrows on to it?

3. keiran says:

Ok, i do not like the new Mp usage for ANY of the elemental arrows. i think they where far more useful before they became Mp eaters.

i hardly ever use them now, when as before they where a key part of the way i played the game

sorry if i seem like i’m be selfish but its just the way i think and how i put it into words

4. CarnageX says:

OMG, yes more mana per second, this totally makes later levels more injoyable. I was tired of only using 3-5 arrow spells then using reg arrow and pierce for the next 60 monsters πŸ˜€
    Good update
    No bugs so far

5. Aaron says:

i believe the amount of mana you have should depend on your level

6. Fox says:

Hey Jason I noticed something,

when using ths shrapenel wave arrow damage is given only fron the point of origin, which is fine but the arrows shrapenel expands in a V shape and misses many targets on the ground. Generaly in this area V.V
    ^

7. Fox says:

Sorry to reply twice in a row but I found something esle. Pest dragons spawn with no mp making them grounded for over 30 seconds. I don’t think thats suposed to happen is it?

Also could you PLEASE add a affect to the ice arrow its realy sad to see it hit an enemy do the same amout of damage to them as a fire arrow cost the same too but then have no secondary affect. I would REALY apreaciate an effevt for the ice arrow in the future.

Yeah I have plans for secondary effects for the Ice arrow sometime in the future. I’ll let you guys know when this happens πŸ˜‰

I’ll look into the dragon thing. It’s supposed to have random amounts of mana so sometimes they’re grounded at the start and sometimes they start of flying. If it’s the case that they’re always grounded I’ll fix this.

• CarnageX says:

Before secondary ice effect id rather like to have other arrows for light and dark. They arent very usefull right now, basic arrow really isn’t that powerful, i mostly use multi arrow but makes it do around 200-300 per arrow, but thats fully uprgraded and that doesnt kill anything on one hit which is good.
        I really dont have any idea for Light and Dark arrows but maybe like a vortex for light and a black hole for dark, idk ahahah
        IDK what you have in mind for those arrows but i bet its going to be epic! πŸ˜€

Well good luck

8. just me says:

more troops to buy? please?

9. laserdog says:

cool update man

Give me another row for my arrows!

While you do that, can you add more arrows

12. zarkiller says:

hey cool update. i wonder are you going to add some hotkeys for arrow skills, like multi arrow, ahoming and so on. would be nice scroll trough them without having to go down with your mouse in the middle of a fight to go multi arrows.

You can change the active mod by pressing Shift + number key. So for example, hit Shift 2 to select the second mod in the mod action bar. Hit Shift 1 to change back to single shot. (or whatever the first mod is).

13. DJ Bnw says:

Hey just played the game again, i realised the fire storm isnt working when it hits the side of the screen

Also found out fire damages the rock balls Lol, noticed it when using the earth wave explosion.

Anyway the updates are very good , seen a archer fly out of the tree when i shot him out , better detection with the shrapnel blasts (with better damage popups of course)

The earth wave blast air explosion could be made into a whole new arrow attack type. With dark arrow , u can make a “black hole” vortex thingy like what carnage said , and other arrows will have simliar arrows.

With that being said , that “gathering” of rock and earth fom that arrow should have enhanced effects like damaging units in the region where its building up its “mass” , wit that , then the animation or whatever its called should not be pushed away from the corners of the screen or ground as i have noticed

A new effect for the air explosion for the earth wave blast should be earth and rocks from the ground below the arrow are pulled to the center of the explosion and then it explodes that ball of rock. Minor damage done to units in the way of the rising rocks. Slightly different from the vortex thingy. This one is like a tractor beam if you would like to image. Small shards of rock and dust rising.

Anyway Keep up the work !
    I want armor though , specifically helmets , my hero’s skull aint making it

DJ Bnw:

It works, why do you say it isnt working? You didnt give an explanation to why it isnt working.

• DJ Bnw says:

Cause when it hits a unit , it comes, it hits the ground , it comes , it hits the top of the screen , it rains, BUT when it hits the side , it doesnt… do i need to explain why??? im just the observer

Thanks for explaining this. I’ll look into it. The storm should move side to side if you shoot the summon arrow to either edge of the screen. I may have goofed on the fire storm… I remember the Ice Storm working though.

• CarnageX says:

Honestly, they both work for me, i use them at the start of the battle, maybe your firestorm is hitting a monster as it is entering the Scene, cause mine work just like they should.

It seems to work for me when I hit the side. That’s odd that it doesn’t for you. Does anyone else experience this not working? Shoot the fire storm arrow to the edge of the screen… do you get a storm?

• DJ Bnw says:

Ok its working now. Never saw that type of storm until now. I swear i hit the edge twice and nothing happened the last time. Anyway, all good here.

Hmm realised something ,somehow the reply and quote button didnt show up for the comments in this page. Had to refresh it. Just saying what i noticed

14. Tails-kun says:

I GOT IT!!!
    Chaos and Silence arrows!
    Mine arrows like in the first BM.
    Volcano arrows. And elemental Meteor arrows like in BM1. And an double edge super arrow.

15. how do u rank up your catapaults and wolfs? or is it even possible? if not, do u think you can make it possible? thanks

• just me says:

ya my wolf/catapult never level >:(

Jason:

I forget how ally unit rank is determined. It might be tied to your hero rank. And you should know that they are slightly randomized so for example not all units will be the same rank (as you have noticed). This unit ranking system is still under construction.

In a response to my question two months ago and im assuming they are still under construction, i haven’t seen a release about them yet. So stay tuned πŸ˜€

Yep, still under construction, but good to remind me nonetheless. I’ll try to remind myself to look into this again. As you can see, lately I’ve been focusing on skill/spell upgrades. When I work on adding more allied units for you to summon then I will adjust the unit ranking system.

16. Cowabunga410 says:

Hey Jason, I’ve been playing this game for a while, and i’m really enjoying the changes that have been made from the first game, and also the updates that are coming along. Love it so far.
    Two things i’ve noticed. First one is a general complaint. When its one on one vs any wizard, the wizard is overbalanced. He can mess you up much quicker than you can take down his shield. I don’t know how you could address that. Just a note.
    Also since this update, the dragons aren’t flying. It was probably just some code screwing up or something, just letting you know.
    Once again, thanks. We all love the game, keep up the incredible job!
    -Cowabunga

• CarnageX says:

I not seeing that problem with the One-on-One with the wizard, it takes like 1-2 arrows to penetrate the barrier. After that hes a one hit away from mulah. If anything the One-on-One with the wizard the wizard is under balanced. Thats just my opinion.
      Yeah i have noticed the dragons arent flying, maybe they have to make it halfway on the screen to fly, they never make it that far, but idk. Theres no bug for it in the de-bugger so anything is possible πŸ˜€

• Fox says:

I’ve noticed that sometimes the wizards shield takes up to 5 arrows and he launches 3-4 damaging magic skills at times. This probably relies on enemy unit level but one killed me with one attack, their spells are imposible to dodge.

• CarnageX says:

Well heres the thing for hard levels:

If its too hard just keep playing till you die, then restart level, it will be randomized so its not the same, or quit and restart. But you should think about upgrading your health when you can, when I made a new character i didnt see a wizard till like level 10, the map not character. By then he took like 2-3 arrows to kill. Im not saying your not good, but do you want a game where you can just walkthrough or would you rather it be difficult enough so it challeneges you? I have been noticing that games overall are getting easier, especially will all these tutorials built in, its more fun to learn on my own in my opnion πŸ˜€

Well good luck level your character Fox

• Fox says:

Thanks!

I didn’t want to make it sound like a big deal. I love the game and I’m fine with restating a level over and over (Cash Cow!) I just noticed that this happened once to me. It was my first boss battle for a new chatacter I was making and the mage used 4 magic attacks that you can’t dodge, I beat him eventualy but I was just saying it felt kind of wierd to be owned in 5 seconds. Oh well all’s fair in love and WAR πŸ˜›

• CarnageX says:

And don’t forget the Light arrow pierces the shield of the mage, then hes wide open, and when hes hit he stops doing the spell or whatever he was doing πŸ˜€

Glad to see you got past him.

• Unknown Fan says:

I just fire random powerful arrows and the light arrow and win

Thanks for playing and for your feedback. I have noticed that mage bosses do lots of damage… perhaps too much. You can’t dodge their attacks, but you can nullify their blasts by shooting a well timed blast bomb at the ground.

As for the dragons, I think I left some debugger code in there perhaps that wing-clipped all of them from the start. I’ll look into this and fix the issue.

17. Dobby says:

Hey Jason,
    I love the new wave arrows, but their cooldown time is way too fast. It takes almost exactly the same amount of time for a bomb wave to cooldown as a regular bomb arrow, while having multiple times the firepower.

• CarnageX says:

They actually take the exact same time 32.86 seconds and they all do the same damage 350. And would having somethin gpowerful with a fast cooldown be that big of a problem for you? Not only do they cost more than the bomb arrow, but they are elemented, besides bomb wave, they heal the same element of monster as arrow. And wave arrows are really only useful is crowds, and crowds will have multiple elemental types. So i dont really see a problem with the cooldown.

One problem i have found with the monsters, since i brought it up lol, the last ten monsters come in one the screen one at a time, for me, and it takes a hella long time in between monsters, for me. IDK if that happens to anyone else but it is and has been happening to me since the last two updates.

Good Luck

18. DJ Bnw says:

Ok , realised the 1 on 1 battle are called Kill on Site instead of kill on sight….. kill on site still makes some sense even with a wrong wrong but it should be kill on sight

Also , does the jack of lantern scarecrow’s hat block (fire) damage??? i used my fire storm arrow and the fire balls didnt do damage to it.

I have an idea for a new arrow, The accelerator. A basic non-elemental arrow made of super strengthened material

It fly out slow , then it speeds up even faster every time. Imagine it like a rocket shot out of the barrel , then it burst accelerates. The arrow is kinda “crazy” but when it reaches high speeds it does ALOT of damage and slices through everything. It does high slice damage

Other upgrade types will be multi shot. Will be a nice attack type like the chinese/korean ancient rocket carts firing hundreds of rockets. Would be a unit too πŸ˜›

Another special upgrade type will be the Booster.
    Using this ability, you can press f as many times as you can to accelerate ur arrow to do massive damage. The arrow has a rocket attached to the back of it and it will prodce smoke as it travels , looking like an rpg, but it slices through everything. For this arrow, you must pull back the string , aim , then spam f (instead of letting go). For those playing with point and aim…… have a challenge in life..LOL jk jk , just hold click on where ur aiming then spam f

19. keiran says:

I agree with carnage on the subject of having a number of enemy units at the end coming one at a time, i don’t really mind this all that much but it is fairly annoying.

also i think it would be better instead of having waves of enemies coming at you, i think that they could come in a steady stream of different group arraignments. E.g. having a shield grunt with a pikeman and three archers behind him Etc…

i think something like this could add some more strategy to the game ^^

• CarnageX says:

The only problem i have with that is that i think this game is suppose to be randomized. Now im not 100% about that. Your idea could fix the end monster problem which like you said gets annoying lol having to wait 10-30 seconds for one more monster to walk on the screen gets old ahaha

Although I haven’t yet tried any of the new arrows(not evough gold), I have a suggestion.
    We could have bonus points/gold whatever for killing an opponent with its weakness, and maybe an even bigger one for killing it with NOTHING but its strength.

Mystyr Nile:

…maybe an even bigger one for killing it with NOTHING but its strength.

Inefficiency for the win! :)

Actually for a future update for the Victory screen I was planning of having an “efficiency” stat that tracked how much mana you spent vs how much damage you dealt. Of course I would need a baseline value for comparison. The baseline would be derived from knowing whether or not something we killed efficiently (i.e. did you provide the minimum input to give maximum damage out put — exploit elemental or critical area weaknesses). In other words, I should be able to give the user some feedback or bonus on a kill by kill basis. I’m leaning toward maybe just giving a visual indicator for “good job for an efficient attack” and the gold/xp/points bonus would come at the end of the level in the Victory Stats page (TBD).

21. CarnageX says:

Jason,
    The dashboard says this, “WordPress 3.0.3 is available! Please notify the site administrator.”
    Hahahahah

22. keiran says:

Hmmm.. I see what you mean carnage

maybe the group and unit types could be random? but they could always be arraigned in such a way that the ones with protective ability’s would always be in front and if there aren’t any the biggest one could take the lead.

Jason

also another idea i have just had, is that say if you had a large-ish group of dragons ( witch i have been having a lot of lately)
    there could be say one “boss” dragon that all the others follow and when that one is killed the others could fall into mayhem ( like start shooting randomly and dive bomb or something ). though this might make killing dragons seem less difficult one way i could see to make these groups harder could be so that the lead unit ( as i think this could apply ti many other units ) could increase damage and defence of all those is controls also the boos could have huge hp or something. but these kind of group could be rare so the game wont be WAY WAY to difficult.

thankie-muchie

• CarnageX says:

I like that idea about the “Boss Dragon”, there already is kinda one out for each element, which is the biggest one there is lol. I love that the other dragons would go crazy spit fireing at everything, that would definitly would add another dynamic to the game. I don’t partically agree with the kamikaze dragons, for 1 you wont get any exp and money for them killing them selfs, 2 i’d enjoy the chase of killing a crazy dragon. But as of right now Dragons aren’t flying like they used to, and no one knows why yet πŸ˜€

• keiran says:

Hee hee, i only really put the kamikaze on there for something to say…

and i have had another idea for a dragon attack

so you know that all they do it spit elemental fire and jump on you if you get to close right? well i had just thought that maybe they could grab people and carry them away !! and then they could let them fall to the ground and depending on the dragons element the unfourtuneate victim could explode in fire or Poisson Etc

23. Fox says:

Oh Jason just a queston, The spider queen just sits in the corrner of the map and lays eggs. Not that there is anything wrong with that but I was hoping for a little more interaction. She dosnt need to be fast but could you please have her chase you around with a high damaging attack thats easy to avoid? I just sat in a corner and picked off her spawn for money, it was kind of disapionting.

I kind of though of her as more of like an Ant Queen… in fact, in real life spiders really don’t lay eggs in the way I show (one per egg), but in real life they’re also not twelve feet tall and as long as a bus.

Anyway, yeah she does just sit there. I didn’t want the player to get overwhelmed by the encounter. I was thinking of making her spew venom wads like a long distance catapult.. Or maybe fling eggs that maybe break on impact causing an instant spider birth now close to you.

• keiran says:

i think the venom spitting would be awesome! maybe she could also stick you into place with web?

i also think that to make her more of a challenge you could have ” gladiator ” spiders too- having Big hp and damage but really slow and perhaps they too could stick you into place?

so that these guys don’t make the game really hard you could have them only appear at the higher levels when you would have more spells, i also think it would be good if the gladiators could appear in ” normal ” fights

I got some easy money from the yellow jumping spiders

Jason, When ever I fire a cure arrow at a dragon, sometimes the archers get in my way and take it instead, ruining my plan

Maybe I can make the cure arrow pass through units that are already at 100% health so cure arrows aren’t “blocked” by healthy friendly units.

Have you ever thought of a super basic arrow modifier that does everything all the modifiers do? The hero shoots out multiple (Multi-shot) wacky modifier arrows (Wacky modifier) , unaffected by gravity (zero gravity), that releases arrows that split into homing arrows (Multi-homing)? it would be very expensive in mana and money., and the max was to shoot 10 of them, releasing 35 arrows, which release 10 homing each. It would consume 800 mana and cost 40,000. useful for clearing everything. now that’s what I call “no foe will survive your wrath”

• CarnageX says:

IDK how many times we have told you to try to make your post in 1-2 posts. I think you had a good idea going till the zero gravity thing and i started to hate it.

I think there should be a Arrow Powerup that shoots a “Multi Arrow” arrow that has Fire, Ice, Earth, Electro, Dark, Light, and Poison arrow ( maybe the cure, not 100% on the cure arrow πŸ˜€ ), but if it hits a target that has the same element as one of the arrows, instead of heal it should just do Zero damage. Also cooldown could be 60+ seconds, but all of it is up for debate ahahahah

• Iakhovas says:

i love how much you bash on this kid, and dark/light arrows have no use

• keiran says:

hmm, i could imagine light arrows ( if doing enough damage ) could turn enemy units against their own kind! and with the dark arrow it could create a rift that if anything ( including ally units ) would be malled by a demon or something or if they are allies turned into mini demons! ( that fight for you)

• CarnageX says:

I dont bash on this kid, i have jsut asked him like three times to chill-lax lol you should seen him two months ago, he had 6 one sentence posts lol

Light/Dark arrows do have use. Dark wolves die from light arrows, mages shield is pierced with light arrow. Dark arrow im sure it has an opposite opponent yet, but its still fun to shoot πŸ˜€

@Unknown Fan – that is definitely a super wacky arrow. Thanks for your suggestion. Luckily the way I designed the game so far would definitely allow me to make combinations such as that. I will be adding more upgrades as time goes on so stay tuned to see what comes next..

27. Barrylp says:

I like the hunter trap change and would like to keep it. The problem is that it makes the Mage and Destructor weak in comparison.

The Mage in particular is lame. I would recommend allowing more levels for the chain lightning, giving progressively more damage. Furthermore, the chain lightning should be consistently better than the new wave spells; I find myself rarely using the chain lightning as the wave spells perform better for the mana cost. (The destructor’s whacky bomb is fun, but too suicidal on some levels; how about cursor keys to move the bomb around?)

As you near your production release, I would like to see more differentiation in the bad guy’s elemental weaknesses (including light and dark!), and perhaps the slice vs. pierce thing. Not only will this provide richer game play, but will also require more thought into the arrow and upgrade purchases.

Oh, and since this is turning out to be more of a Christmas wish list, how about improving the interface consistency by allow the skill mod power to change the number of friendly units spawned? (for example, you may only want one or two shield grunts on a level, but you have shield grunts maxed out; and yes I know you can toggle the unit spawning on and off, but in the middle of a heated level, set and forget is much better!)

28. CarnageX says:

How is the destructor week in comparison, you WANNA DUEL!!!!!! lol i dont think the Destructor and Hunter are that different. I have both of those, Destructor level 200+ Hunter lvl 169, and the Destructor is more powerful, the lvl doesnt really mean anything yet. But they both have everything maxed out, and neither one is easier than the other.

Barrylp:

As you near your production release…

Are you an inside man? I never heard anything like this πŸ˜€ ahahaha

• Iakhovas says:

i like think the hunter is better than the destructor. especially with the new spike trap. you can place it where ever you want and use timing to your advantage, where as the wacky bomb is too unpredictable to be of use, and its often suicidal when it blasts from one side of the screen to conveniently hit your units then explode on your face, which doesn’t kill you in high levels, but it leaves you with pretty low health. and cooperative online missions would be pretty sweet, not necessarily dueling

• keiran says:

Heehee, the clue is in the name- “wacky” you have to be ready to evade it and be able to see where and how it will rebound. then its a weapon of mass destruction

• CarnageX says:

I dont use the wacky bomb or the spike lol
        I use multi shot arrows for all basic arrows, waves, bombs, and storms πŸ˜€ thats about it.

• Iakhovas says:

i use the five non mana using arrows primarily, with focus specialization to make them more powerful, rapid fire electro and earth arrows, and i aways kill the last enemy with the single gold spike of my spike trap. oh and fully upgraded shrapnel wave is orgasmic

• Barrylp says:

I wasn’t intending a flame war on the hero types; it sounds like the Destructor needs no changes, even though I would prefer more compensation for the inconsistency of the wacky bomb.

It took me a while to find out why I was thinking a production release was near… I had to go all the way back to Oct 1st:
      “Bowmaster Winter Storm is bunkering down and fortifying it’s code base as it fights off nasty little bugs. But that’s not to say it’s without any cool updates.”

I’m happy for Jason to continue to tweak things here and there, but at some point, he needs to move on to the next project. How about “Bowmaster, the Apocalypse”?

• CarnageX says:

Well he said something like winterstorm is only one part of Bowmaster 2, so there could be chapters or something but we wont know tell he’s ready to say ( kinda like Blizzard, especially with Diablo III !!!! ) πŸ˜€

29. a fan says:

need more unit with a special skill,unit gains exp and lv up

30. RoarFury says:

will there ever be a plot?
    The classes need to be evened out. seriously.
    make the classes more unique! theres only one skill special to each class and thats not too exciting if u start the character not knowing about these, then being disapoint at a high level.
    more classes, skills, and troops pleeeease
    why dont dragons fly anymore?
    could there be a turn off friendly fire option?
    ty

• CarnageX says:

Its still in production so not everything is added so please chill-lax dude. And as for the dragons not flying that has been disccussed way up there ^, you should’ve read some of those post or glanced at’em πŸ˜€ that way you wouldn’t be so mad and disappointed lol

Friendly Fire turned off?? Wheres the fun in that….

Thanks for the feedback. I have a super awesome writer helping me with story. I’m primarily a programmer and pretend to be an animator and game developer (in my free time) so just keep checking back weekly for more updates. You won’t be disappointed

I don’t get why we have no-gravity modifiers

32. CarnageX says:

I just say some Dragons flying!! ahahha

33. Fox says:

I had an idea when reading one of carnagex’s post. Coopertive play would be cool online. You could play with others and possibly “Friend” them to get a notice whenever they log on to coopertive play. They play could be no ally units no arrows bared and freindly fire off (except for heal arrows) in a kind of survival mode, I think that would be really cool. For example lets say in a figurative world were you do add a cooperative mode like the one mentoned above I get online and go into a game fourm similar to the start game selection. The game loads a fourm that has listed friends their online status (on or off) an invite button for your friends and a start match button. When the match starts you are thrown into a survival match that gets progessivly harder. You are allowed to use all arrows you have bought so far, your partner is also allowed to use the arrows they have bought. You go until you both are dead (each dead player waits till the match is over and their partner dies. When both players are dead a victory banner pops up that displays what level the players got to and their individual kills. These can then be used for braging rights!

Anyways just an idea. I know it sounds kind of imposible but who knows maybe Jason could pull it off. I would love to see something like this in the finished game!

• Iakhovas says:

thanks for giving carnagex credit for my idea lol my thoughts on the cooperative part are, two castles on either side of the map, and a cave or rift in the middle. players each start on the sides of the map, and the enemy units would spawn from the middle at increasingly larger numbers. that may be a crappy idea and both player should start on the same side, but i feel like there would be way too much firepower coming from one side, leaving little challenge. if one person were to die, they would have to wait til the next round to respawn. bossses would be incorporated often into waves, not individual waves of only an easy to kill archer boss for instance. the upgrades would start completely new for online, and players level would be incorporated. the old arrow skill would still be there for purchase, along with some skills that require both players to pool their mana to use a skill, lets say a black hole, avalanche, volcano eruption or tital wave. the avalanche and tital wave and volcano would start from the players side, and cover the entire playing field, pushing pack the enemies while doing damage, and leaving the playing field in an unstable mode. the avalanche would obviously cover the field in snow, freezing all land units in place for a period of time, while doing slow/small damage. the tital wave would make the entire field underwater or muddy, not freezing, but impairing movement speeds while doing a decent amount of damage. the volcano eruption would spew giant fire balls across the map that explode into pools of lava that do high amounts of damage but increase enemy movement speed. a black hole would obviously suck everything into it, damaging them, but not killing, and having the enemy units reappear after being beaten up in some other dimension. all of these spells would cost both players to use all of their mana, and leave them devoid of mana for the duration of the super spells effect. these are all just theoretical ideas, but let me know what you thing jason, and everyone else for that matter.

• CarnageX says:

What are you talking about, i came up with that ahahaha
        Just kidding, i dont know what post of mine that gave him an idea about it, but its all good. I still think its a good idea, but like an optional thing, so that not everyone has to sit there and wait for co-op to load you know.

• CarnageX says:

Damnit i have to make a double post, i didnt read your post up ^there until after i already posted lol

I definitly agree with that on multiplayer, your character data doesnt transfer. I think there should be some kinda of ladder ( similar in style like the one in Diablo ), cause single player is to easy to zoom in levels. The middle spawning definitly needs some rework, but i like the idea of your own side. Each side would spew the same monster and same amount of monster on each ( still random, but so each side is the same ) and there will be certain points where it stops and lets both players access the upgradeshop. They both cant start unless they both are done with the shop. Then they go back and do the next couple of levels, then shop again. And i guess the point is to see how far you can get verus the other guy but, im kinda worried that this game doesnt really support a single player, mostly because we dont know the finished product and thus cant make a good enough description of a possible co-op mode, and then again the mode we just discussed isnt co-op ahahah.

I still want light and dark new arrows!! It would be fun to see what Jason comes up with them. Im still hoping for a Black hole and i forgot what i said for light, but hey its finals week damnit. I got one final in thirty minutes and my last one tomorrow at 9:40
          Wish me luck!!!

• Fox says:

Yah thats perfect. I agree with everything you said. (Sorry about not giving credit were its due the credit is all yours!)

• Iakhovas says:

thanks fox, and instead of player starting on both sides with monsters in the middle, both players in the middle with the monsters coming from both sides. or kind of like what you said, but you get to choose what monsters to send and when, trying to kill the other persons base. player arrows wouldnt effect your enemies castle, only their monsters, making strategy a key part of winning. and my first final is tomorrow at 10. where do you go to school?

34. CarnageX says:

Its less impossible and more expensive lol Either this server and handle all the raw data it needs for the multiplayer or he’ll have to by/rent another one. But yeah it does sound like it could be fun πŸ˜€

35. iarilo says:

Maybe there would be some weather effects?
    Some arrows will be affected by weather…
    Example: It’s raining = the fire arrow becomes a bit weaker.
    or: it’s night = light arrow receives some extra power.
    Sorry for my English πŸ˜€
    It isn’t my natural language…

36. yo Jason, i was wondering if, instead of your usual progressive level gameplay, you could work on incorporating a level menu. In this, we, the players, would have the option to choose from hopefully an extensive level list, as well as being able to create our own levels. For example, we would be able to choose which enemy classes we want to fight, their difficulty, the arena from which we want to fight, and which category of level we want to play i.e. attacking enemy castle, defending your own castle, defending a village etc.

37. Sicaul116 says:

Hey Jason, when BM winterstorm beta came out, there was a unit that had glowing armor and a black glowing sword. What unit was that?

Jason, can we please have multiplayer like they said? if we do, can you let us change the options such as units, etc? It sounds extremely fun

Single player is getting really boring

40. Cowabunga410 says:

I hate to sound late to the party, but glad that dragons are flying again! Thanks Jason.
    Mutliplayer sounds pretty sweet, but unless i’m wrong, its a heck of a lot of work to incorporate that. Frankly i’m fine with just an awesome single player game.

• CarnageX says:

Yeah multiplayer is very time consuming, and would require a bunch of beta testing. Not only that but this is a flash game, not an exectuable program πŸ˜€

41. iarilo says:

I hope there will be that drag-anywhere shooting method…
    (From bowmaster prelude)

42. iarilo says:

P.S.
    Multiplayer on flash???
    It will be a wonder if he’ll add it to the game πŸ˜€

Jason, the fire is still attached but not touching the dragon. I don’t mind those

44. keiran says:

Oh btw jason i have seem that when i hit a poison ball ( from a dragon) with a poison arrow as as usual it reflects. But a glob of poison is attached to the poison ball