Bowmaster Winter Storm Update 0.2.26

New skills available! Check out the new Twin Fangs ability in the poison section of the skill shop. This new skill shoots out two arrows that do bonus damage if you’re able to make both hit the same target. In addition to this, the Slice and Blunt arrow have been redesigned with new features! Blunt arrows now stun enemies and Slice arrows cause certain enemies to bleed out (causing damage over time). Enjoy! Play Bowmaster Winter Storm

Coming Soon: Development on the the fabled ‘Bowmaster Codex’ is still underway. Much progress has been made on the functional design and soon development will transition to content creation. The Codex will feature unit descriptions, stats, tips, and explain unit weaknesses and critical areas. This will be an in-game tome-of-knowledge that can be accessed from the main menu or while playing a mission. Stay tuned!

Update: I fixed the bug that caused your army not to spawn; so no more loneliness.

Update: Fixed issues with dragon elemental weaknesses not working properly.

Update: The Curse has been lifted! Shielded Skeletons are no longer way over-powered! (fixed the bug that caused them to heal from any type of damage).

73 Responses to Bowmaster Winter Storm Update 0.2.26

1. JayCollier says:

Nice updates but you shut off the army. It’s tough winning a battle with no army at level 96.

2. Jordan says:

why doesnt the army work

3. bob says:

fix army no troops are being deployed, but nice updates

4. Kico says:

Ok so I’m not the only one with no army XD ,cool update but i dont really like the new blunt and Slice update because it increases the cool down time and now uses mana. When did the multi arrow update arrive for your basic starting arrows??? it has a annoying flight pattern now, though i still like the game.

5. StJohn says:

As the others mentioned. This update stopped soldiers from spawning.

6. Hippy says:

My army is gone man, it makes the game suck, cool updates though

7. Kico says:

Hey Jason it might be my imagination but with the multi shot on the basic arrows it looks like it only shoots four even though I have the skill maxed out to six arrows. Also it might just be me but I feel like the slice and blunt arrows shouldn’t use mana or we should have some new arrows that dont cost mana because now we only have three.

• SonOfBDEC says:

The Slice and Blunt arrows have always used mana when I’ve used them. I don’t know why you wouldn’t have. But I haven’t seen the issue with the multi shot, but try pausing it after you shoot on a night map.

8. Jah says:

Same here. Troops don’t work, and the change to the slice sucks. Make that a mod. single slice arrow should use no mana and less cooldown.
    Love the game, but it’s unplayable at the moment.

9. lordman says:

Hey, just noticed slice arrow has “stun duration”, which should be something more like bleed time.

10. *sigh* says:

I would commend this update, but this edition of slice and blunt arrows just completely killed my strategies, since those are my most used arrows aside from the main one. The fact that they now, for whatever reason, now use mana just completely blew it for me. Another concept that seems like it would be good in testing but sucks when put into the works is the new bowcaster-esque (extra points if you get the reference) shooting style of the multi-shot. While it may get you some style points, it’s almost never going to be a practical tool when fighting against a constantly moving AI.

In short either eliminate some of the new features or make them new arrows.

In a more positive news, good idea with the new poison arrows. Very clever.

• SonOfBDEC says:

I must say that I rather like the new multishot style. It means that my ninja/dragon won’t die if it gets in the way. But the mana costs are somewhat ridiculous.

• *sigh* says:

That could be fixed by having an option for turning off friendly fire, which I just remembered is also something that’s been bugging me. God dang ninja always manages to somehow be in the EXACT PLACE he needs to be to get hit by my arrows. Very aggravating.

My ice arrow deal normal at the fire dragons…
    Last time 1000 damage – today 370 damage…

Hey Jason, there is a problem for the enemy dragons… :(
    Example : Fire dragons can hurt fire and ice normaly.
    Ice and poison dragons too. You should fix this problem. :)

• SonOfBDEC says:

Poison Dragon is weak against cure arrows. It’s ignoring them, so it couldn’t be doing any less.

Besides, he could have nerfed them on purpose to make it more challenging. >.> But I doubt this. It isn’t like him

13. teareye says:

Like the *SIGH*. Effects that you added are a great idea, but I think slice arrow and blunt arrow should not cost mana and time to be cool like in the past.
    As for the new poison arrow … good job.
    Please repair the two arrows for the current condition breaks down much of the strategy.

I’d pondered on creating an enemy of the electric nature and changing the appearance of ally Pikeman with the level.

Google translate

14. teareye says:

To return to the previous state do not pierce arrow and fork arrow worse you could for example add effects such as:
    pierce arrow – pierce all (including dragons and golems)
    fork arrow – gets rid of the enemy’s armor, or for example, causes the body bends over in pain (including sensitive places golem and dragon).

15. saard says:

new arrows are a bit mana-expensive, it has to be said but the extra features add some variety.

Noticed the cure arrow isn’t damaging the poison dragon at the moment. Thought I was just a bad shot for a while but it goes straight through those green bastards.

16. SonOfBDEC says:

Ok, so first off, I LOVE the new update. (sorry, I just found out. >..>) I will say that the mana costs on the multishots are a bit steep, taking up half the mana bar at fully upgraded. >..<

• SonOfBDEC says:

And, about half my post got chopped. >.< And I have no Idea what else I put. Dx

Thoughts: Perhaps make Lighning cloud target the tallest object in it's field about 33% of the time. I mean, Orcs, Skeleton golems, and Dragons, ok, but Lightning strikes the tallest object chances are, The 100 foot tall ROCK GOLEM!!! . >.> So unrealistic, Jason. :P

Most hated thing aside from mana cost of the multi shot on Slice/Blunt arrows: The cost of Fire/Ice storm, Multi homing, and Wacky arrows. >..> And me being me, I want everything I can upgraded fully. (Other than Frenzy, Those are the only ones left.)

• SonOfBDEC says:

Can I ask where the rest of the Slice upgrades went? I just bought those before the update. D:

For balancing I’ve removed some of the other mods that used to be associated with the slice arrow. Since the bleed effect doesn’t stack, rapid fire slice arrows seemed less effective since the base slice damage isn’t a lot. As for other stuff, I have my reasons – it’s still beta so you might see things change again.

• SonOfBDEC says:

Thanks for balancing the costs of the special effects. on Slice/Blunt arrows. ^.^ But on the in game spellbook it still shows all the different abilities, not just the Multi shot.
      Just an FYI

17. can’t you put the shop on the main menu?

18. Jordan says:

Do u think u could make it so u can have more allied ninjas on our side and maybe a new unit knights, they are fast ride on horses and can have elemental swords fire, ice, pioson and when they have lost quiet alot of health they fall of there horse they are powerfull and therefore u cant have that many of them on the field at a time. Please could u look into my ideas but so far exellent work on the game.

19. Gamer says:

i found a problem with the slice arrow, i used it on a couple of skeleton warriors and all my arrows started to heal them instead of doing damage, which makes it impossible to win.

• Dobby says:

I noticed the same problem, except with all arrows on shielded grunts. Even bombs. The only thing that still damaged them was the slice effect.

20. Gamer says:

you know what would be nice, the ability to swith between frenzy and focus specialization with the press of a button.

21. Gamer says:

after close review of the glitch i found it turns out that some of the skeletal warriors are not being hurt by me or my army and the damage is turned into a healing effect on them. so yeah fix the problem as soon as possible.

22. Sinj says:

Question:
    Can you live off the ad revenue from Bowmaster’s beta?

23. bob says:

good job with the fix, i found a glitch with some of the skeleton guys, their not taking damage and seems to me that damage and heal has been switched around.

24. The Bloke says:

I have the same problem as bob, grunt units that heal instead of take damage! O.o This is mental lol.

I can kind of work with the new slice arrow but the change to the blunt arrow seems a bit unecessary; its use is minimal at least as far as I’ve managed.

I do like the twin fangs – finally something else to hit wolves hard with! (before it was just the poison bomb) :D

25. Jah says:

Currently I can’t kill the skeleton warriors. I’m on a “gather the artifacts” episode and i’m stuck with 7-8 skeleton warriors on the field. Nothing is affecting them at all, and the troops stopped collecting gems.

26. Ratbouy says:

The skeletons with shields are invincible!!! Everything i hit them with counts as healing to them. I’m stuck with about 15 of them on “Defend the Town” and I can’t hold them off forever. PLEASE SEND HELP

27. JayCollier says:

Ditto it make no sense to fight a battle with invincible opponents. The little skeletons absorb punishment like a sponge..the moe you hit them the more the like it. I will stop playing until this is fixed.

28. Archie says:

Same problem with the invincible shield skeletons.

By the way, I love the game. Great stuff.

29. Jason says:

Fixed the reported bugs. Any other bugs found? Thanks for all your feedback everybody :)

30. StJohn says:

The two legged poison spitting monsters, I don’t know their name, are also invulnerable to cure arrows just like the green dragons once was.

It’d be nice if there was a practice mode where you could deploy troops, friendly and hostile, and command them where to go so that you could test strategies.

32. Jah says:

Hey thanks for a really fun game. Here are some suggestions:

1. a hot key to change the current set of arrows(1-10), maybe like x,c to scroll through them, or SHIFT+#
    2. as suggested above, ability to command troops, like move the pikemen forward, infantry hold position, etc.. like the archer volley. Ultimately, more control over troops, more options, possibly limits on their numbers and a more tactical aspect of the game.
    3. a scenario where you battle another bowmaster. You each get a castle, you each get troops. Like the kill on sight & seige on haunted hill rolled into one.
    4. “save the townspeople” scenario, where friendlies are coming along with the evil army. Avoid hitting them as they try to make it across the screen and be required to save a % of them.
    5. Punt bomb doesn’t seem to do much, but what would be cool is a landfill arrow and a sinkhole arrow that would be effective at stopping their march for a period of time.

• SonOfBDEC says:

1. scroll up and down with your mouse wheel. If you don’t have one, You can always pause the game.
      5. Punt bomb is (from what I’ve seen) best used with knocking bombs away from minions, or positioning them more precisely. Can also be used for moving small units quickly.
      3. Ice arrows, if they don’t freeze/kill them outright, it should frost them over and slow them. Freeze wave is effective with this.
      Nothing to help yet on the other two though, Sorry.

33. RedDevil says:

This is my list of bugs… Cure Blast does nothing= no heal on units or yourself… Some Arrows uses to much mana… Strangely damage is lowered by fire and ice arrow

Want: More mana buying, More items, Good going played Bowmaster prelude1 and 2 Big fan and never knew this site (playing for few months allready…

• SonOfBDEC says:

Cure blast is used for removing acid splashesm not healing. You should use Cure arrows, or the Fairy Bomb arrow to heal minions, or yourself.
      Your wants: More mana would make the game too easy: (arrows are supposed to use a good bit of mana so you can’t spam the strong ones), More items: It’s still in a closed beta mode, so it’s constantly growing.

34. RedDevil says:

Oh, I want more boss battles, like you need to kill mage or archer or very big spider but its very rare… Can you do something with that and i really liked that shop is now in menu otherwise victory or suicide :D

35. RedDevil says:

And could you maybye considering adding multiplayer versus or Co-op where you fight mobs or other player army’s would be too awesome xD… I feel kinda lonely ingame xO

• SonOfBDEC says:

He’s mentioned plans for this, but they’re mainly a concept right now. Patience is something people (not just you) need to learn on here. Making a game is a long and tedious business.

36. RedDevil says:

So how are you Jason??? Not bored by all negative and positive comments… :D

37. RedDevil says:

Tip: Jason why you don’t play the game then you enjoy it + discover bugs mayby ;D … Waiting for fixes and updates like everyone ^^

38. RedDevil says:

Oh i forgot to say another glitch/bug/error= i cannon Import from Offline to Online or from Online to Offline please fix it Jason :D

Want also: other music :D

• SonOfBDEC says:

First one he knows about, he said to make the profile on the main computer you use for this game, but he’s probably working on something to fix this.
      Other music, probably working on that too. >.>

39. RedDevil says:

I have Patience :D

40. hydra33 says:

dude the game wont load it has the firefly thing and it stays in one position then just freezes :( so i cant play:(

41. hydra33 says:

and jason u keep updating the enemy but we all really want a new allied unit plus i am on 100+ and everything but 2 addons for my normal arrow are upgraded and im not going to start over at this point so can you PLEASE give us new units like a archer on a cloud or something just anything will do and i love the twin fangs there so awesome especially when their fully upgraded

42. hydra33 says:

oh yeah and JAH i really like the idea of fighting another bowmaster that would be really fun :)

43. teareye says:

Ye… good idea… And boss battles… I would be pleased to solo fight with a ninja: P hardcore

44. Jah says:

A few thoughts

1. Once you buy the archer modifiers, you can’t turn them off. Now I have archers shooting fire and ice and negating what I’m trying to do. Would be great to turn them off, have only pierce, only fire, etc..

2. Can Archer Volley be more accurate? It seems that their arrows are spread over such a large area it’s not effective. Same goes for the Catapult and Trebuchet really, they don’t fire even close to where I direct them.

Thanks.

I just thought of an idea for the slice arrow:
    What if it had lesser bleed damage, or perhaps it lasted shorter, and it could cut through all the targets within its red streak(the hit vfx)?
    Perhaps the “secondarily cut” targets could bleed less, or not at all?
    This idea could also be implemented as a special ability for the arrow, like multishot.
    Another idea: it could cause extra damage on neckshot rather than headshot, or maybe just cause extra bleed damage/bleed longer.

It’s an open beta.