Bowmaster Winter Storm Beta Update 0.2.8

A new enemy approaches! The Rock Golem! He towers high above all other units. He is a slow moving tank unit with several powerful abilities. He can stomp and smash the ground for AoE damage. He can hurl large boulders great distances with pin-point accuracy. He is resistant to Fire, Ice, Earth and Poison attacks. He is weak to Lightning. His joints, crotch, torso and toes are his weak points. His arms, legs, and head take normal damage. His hands and shoulders act as shields. Play Bowmaster Winter Storm

Next Update: Unit Skin Graphical overhaul. Unit graphics will receive some much needed tweaking and optimizing. The goal is to improve unit contrast and style while maintaining good performance. As a bonus you may find new and additional unit skins to help distinguish units by rank. For example, the basic grunt soldier at rank 1 may have simple looking armor whereas the rank 10 grunt soldier will have more epic looking armor. Stay tuned!

46 Responses to Bowmaster Winter Storm Beta Update 0.2.8

1. azza says:

brill thanks will hunter spikes do a lot of damage?

They do pretty good damage, and the golden spike does more damage the higher your upgrade.

3. azza says:

do you think we could be able to fly on the dragons, the is would be a lot easier to get head-shots.
    thanks

4. commder says:

i have a question where are the golems i can’t see them i play the first 2 battles and did not see him i think this is a big or something

5. Creatures says:

i can barely use any skills even when i maxed the mp out….

6. Creatures says:

Hey Jason,

maybe you can make a new unit that enchants and buffs allied units. Make it an elf maybe? buffs like continuous healing for 20 secs, buff attack for 18 secs etc.
    the higher the lvl the more variety of buffs, the more units buffed and mixing buffs

7. Creatures says:

I think the preist healing should be percentage-wise because he is seriously useless in expert

8. Creatures says:

I thought of another unit

A Space soldier lost in time and ended up here, carrying a a sniper that deals high damage at long range. And plants elemental traps.

9. ntcleric says:

I so dig this game. I love how you can redirect dragon breath with the same element or cancel it with the opposite element.
    Jason, I know you’re just using the opposing quadrant for the reflected dragon breath, but knowing just how smart you are, I expect that you have a plan to employ an equation (yeah, ok, math is not my strong suit) that will redirect the dragon breath in the correct direction based on the “mass” of the breath and the speed and strength of the Bowmaster’s bolt. (I expect you probably already have the equation on paper and are just biding your time for the debugging.)
    just dl’d the latest, waiting to see the new golem 😀

10. commder says:

hey jason
    i can’t see the golem i really want to kill it i think its a bug can you fixed it asap?

11. ntcleric says:

No bug commder, just be patient. the Golem is awesome.

12. Guillermo says:

Hey Jason, I think there’s something weird going on with the attack animation, it seems to freeze the attacker in its attacking pose for a few seconds then the attack finally makes contact without any movement then returns to its stance, this is especially noticeable with the mages and spiders. But maybe its just me idk I need some feedback asap plz

13. Uryuu says:

Hey Jason,
    There is some problem on Skeleton Giant. When he prepared to slash he seem walking then suddenly he slash quickly. I hope you can fix this.

14. Mohawkdude G says:

You can’t pick up the artifacts. Only your grunt units can. If you don’t have grunt units then all you can do is try to keep the enemy from capturing the artifacts. The wolf can also fetch the artifacts, and he’s fast. So if you don’t want grunts go for the wolf.

15. Mohawkdude G says:

P.S. why do i look like a crab that got hit by a semi?

16. Mohawkdude G says:

Sorry I’m back so soon, but there is 1 more thing. On the winter storm beta there are the + and – buttons at the top, and I thought they were 4 screen size (hoping they are, because my laptop screen is tiny), but they didn’t do anything that I could figure. Maybe a bug or sumthin’

Yes. They’re for making the game screen smaller or bigger. This works in IE. Some browsers let you zoom the size manually (e.g. in IE you can zoom by holding CTRL and then using the mouse wheel). What browser are you using?

17. Mohawkdude G says:

/\ Hehe… just here to report a potential… BUG!\/
    l <—————————————————-

18. Uryuu says:

It hard to find the golem. perhaps you should add small golem to normal level and the biggest to boss mode.

19. giga36888 says:

i was hoping for a new unit but for me but he still cool

20. Mohawkdude G says:

Mohawkdude G:

yo i got a problem. in the levels with the “save the artifacts” stuff, i can’t figure out how to pick the darn things up. how do i save them?srry about this don’t know where else to put this message
    0  0

• Dtester says:

Hi,

How do you save the artifacts? I read the updates and either I miss it or overlooked it sorry but can someone tell how to pickup or save the artifacts?

I only have been playing about 2 days now. I like it better than the original bowmaster however I died on stage 4 or 5 and it started over or it seemed like it did. I still kept my levels and gold but my house was back in the middle instead of the edges. Is this how the game is setup or possible a bug?

Also I keep looking for the help or how to pick up the artifacts so I keep click on the menu and it would end the level and start a new level when I clicked play on the main screen. You can cheat like this when you character is getting low on health or it would seem I have not tested it yet.

Thanks for the new game and awesome graphics update to bowmaster.
      Dtester

• Dtester says:

Never mind I played a little longer and found out how to pick up the artifacts. You don’t your grunts do :)

Just like in the orginal with the flag.

What a noob
        hahaha

21. Jason says:

Has anyone else experienced animation issues? Some people have reported that some animations don’t look correct. Has anyone noticed a difference between this update and the last one?

I love the rock golems.

I was thinking you could merge Prelude with Winter storm beta, where there would be the allied and enemy soldiers (the Trev ghar) from Prelude in Winter storm.

The Trev ghar from Prelude could join the evil army in Winter storm and the allys and hero from Prelude could join the good army from Winter storm.

I think this is an awesome idea.

23. I think it would be so cool if the good army had rock golems on their side as well.

• Guillermo says:

Nah, the good army has plenty of different allies now and adding another one is just plain silly, instead why not go back to the concept idea of having the archers have random elemental attacks.

24. The Bloke says:

I dream of dark demons… something we can really sink our light arrows into!

Also it would be good to have an enemy capable of dealing serious damage to the white dragon, so that you would need to save him (or her…!) from a likely death every now and then. Maybe a dark demon hurling dark magic! 😀

Moving on, and I too have noticed the whole death animation thing going on with the catapults and trebuchets, as well as the giant skeletons freezing from time to time.

More seriously, the game has crashed half a dozen times since the last update, usually right near the end of a battle. This involves all the projectiles failing to move and the arrows never reloading. Units can still move about and attack one another though, but otherwise the game is over and one has to quit and start the level again.

The game has never run at more than about half the maximum pace on my laptop, so I hope that the overhaul brings about a new era of higher speed performance!

What browser are you using?

• The Bloke says:

Firefox, as IE died a long time ago when I tried to do something clever.

Come to think of it, I wonder how well Chrome handles the game? Time to find out!

Ah.

Not even loading first time around, then looking like taking 100 years the next time around.

That happens on Firefox too sometimes… the loading either takes 10 minutes or so or just never gets beyond about 2%.

Other times, it loads in 15 seconds first time I play it each day, and it can be near instant when I return later in the same day (due to temporary memory or something, I imagine).

Bowmaster: Winter Storm holds a lot of mysteries for the likes of myself.

You know, I have dreams now where I’m playing a high speed, high definition, high awesome edition of the game on my PS3. No matter what the odds are of such a thing happening, I will continue to enjoy these dreams :p

Sounds like you’re browser might be caching older versions of the asset files. Try clearing your browser cache and loading it up again. Let me know if that fixes the crashing problems.

• The Bloke says:

Great advice! The unit animations appear to be correct now, and I’ve not yet seen the game crash.

A few words on the golem unit; I’ve been using a profile now at level 318, yet I’ve only seen two golems in five battles, which seems rather low, is there a maximum probability of occurence that occurs at say level 100 or something?

Also, I’ve not seen a golem within the top 15 ranks. I can’t wait until I see a rank 30 golem in all its glory! The golems I’ve encountered so far struggle when multiple enemies attack at once, despite their enormous amount of health. Perhaps the golems should be able to strike multiple enemies at once with the punch attack?

Overall, the game is brilliant, as usual, and its quite well balanced now :)

25. AGMIN says:

units need leveling system. realy i have archerand pikeman rank 1in lvl 69 (my character:54)
    Type:Punt bomb can repulse dragon breath. :)

26. Guillermo says:

Hey Jason, do you like taking enemy unit suggestions?
    If so then here are a few ideas for enemy units
    dark dragon: the boss dragon, rivals in power with the allie’s light dragon with the same attack properties but deals dark damage instead
    giant earth worm: loves to borrow, if underground shoot an electro arrow at the ground near it to damage and stun it out of the ground, the tail is its weak point the body only recieves half damage the teeth bounce off arrow attacks, loves to eat ground-based units but not instantly kill them just weaken them until they fall on their feet then it goes in for the kill
    giant moth: light-blue or pale gray, deals light damage by staying in one spot in the air and shooting light beams (either stream or pulses the type varies on how much mana it has left) out of its thorax (red part) which is also its weakspot

That’s all just take these ideas into consideration you don’t even have to use any of them

27. zach says:

After a while it gets very linear, a sandbox mode would be very nice. Also, could you tweak the dragon, my pikeman does more damage. The dragon will attack every 30 s or so and does only about 200 damage.

28. zach says:

Oh ya and does the mage have any special attacks? Cause I can’t find them.

• homebrew_Ds says:

depends what mage your talking about
      the one that is pink heals 125 life points
      the one that is blue/orange attacks
      and the one that is dark summons skeletons that attack for you

they all have shields that they can regenerate

29. commder says:

can’t wait for the awsome armor!!!