Bowmaster Winter Storm Beta Update 0.2.4

A noble Dragon has joined in your fight! Enlist him into your army at the upgrade shop and watch him patrol the skies, unleashing righteous fury upon your foes. Play Bowmaster Winter Storm.

New Unit: White Dragon. Armed with a unique light elemental attack that can home in on enemy targets. He also features unique AI that grants him increased mobility when flying. He can stay airborne longer due to his increased mana pool and mana regeneration compared to enemy dragons.

XP and hero rank rebalanced. Increased the level of xp required to Level Up. Max Rank set to 60.

Added improved Level Up graphics and animation.

Changed xp bar color from blue to gold to improve contrast.

Allied Attack Mage magic attacks are no longer blocked by elements such as fire, poison and ice.

Fixes

Allied Mage and Priest Shields no longer block cure arrows

Fixed issue that prevented players from acquiring the Trebuchet and Shield Grunt

Next Week

New Allied Unit: The Ninja. You’ve seen the enemy ninjas and soon you’ll be able to give them a taste of their own medicine with this new friendly unit.

82 Responses to Bowmaster Winter Storm Beta Update 0.2.4

1. Ruhtra says:

Very good, I’ll play now and see if there are any bugs, hopefully not. Good Job.

2. Ruhtra says:

I found something strange when some dragon (enemy) hits some castle or house, the number indicating how much life is pulled out with red (fire), but this occurs even if a dragon of poison or dragon of ice hit the construction. Should it hit some ice dragon is blue and not red. And same thing in dragon venom. The indication of hits of fire and ice its wrong. All is fire in construction. Sorry for my bad English. If you do not understand, please ask me, I will try to explain again , thank you.

3. Ruhtra says:

The dragon of ice fire the ball of ice, and the number indicating how much was taken from life is in red (FIRE).

4. Ruhtra says:

This is occurring when the fireball hit the dragon who seems anything that was the number of lives lost. Thanks

5. Ruhtra says:

The fireball of dragon hit anything*

6. Dobby says:

I just had an issue with the Mage’s magic attack. The Mage used his magic attack, but it just sat there instead of homing in on a target.
    The Priest’s healing attack still homes in on friendly units though.

That new dragon is so cool.
    Please add pikemen with helmets like the evil army ones as allys to buy.
    Thank you so much for making allied ninjas.

Well-loved. Thumb up 8 Thumb down 0

I think it would be good if there were spearmen and axemen added as allys to buy as new allied units.

Well-loved. Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

Please can you make it so that my allied trebuchet’s and catapult’s fire balls don’t burn my allies.

It’s annoying when they fire near my allys, it burns them and kills them sometimes.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 3 Thumb down 5

10. Ruhtra says:

The ice ball of the dragon (enemy) is hitting fire damage. The poison ball of the dragon (enemy) is hitting fire. This is strange, you see?

11. SonOfBDEC says:

Hey, Just so you know, There’s a Random tip that says “If you’re over level 100…” You might want to fix that. ^.^

12. Bogen says:

Hey,
    For me, the game keeps glitching whenever my dragon is about to shoot whatever it is he shoots. He freezes up as well as about half the units and any fireballs/iceballs/poisonballs in the air. The hero doesn’t freeze up, but he can’t shoot any arrows.

13. SonOfBDEC says:

Ok, Well, Awesome Dragon, I love it. Great attack, and worth the 25K. I’ve got to ask on the leveling changes, How was it done? I had 2 over 100 and one is a 60, the others a 41. My level 31 went to 19. Was this intentional?

Also, I currently have a fireball stuck to my mage’s shield doing DPS damage. I had thought this was fixed,but I guess I read wrong. Ah well.

14. MITCHELL says:

Great idea with dragons! :)

15. Ruhtra says:

Jason you fixed the bug I talked about the dragon?

16. zarkiller says:

hey super update as always. just to let you know the advanced unit training still says. “provides access to advanced fighting units, advanced unit types include pikemen and WOLVES” and the wolves only says. “requires beast training 1.. no advanced requirement 😀

17. SonOfBDEC says:

Hey, I noticed that it’s rather difficult to tell what element some enemies are (like the Acid Spitters, or w/e the walking horned rocks are.), and what to use against them, and finding out which enemies are weak to Blunt/Slice/Pierce is not easy (Aside from the shielded ones) Maybe there could be a Glossary to show what element and weaknesses the enemies are/have. I’ll but a rough sketch on my website a bit later, and email it to you.

Also, there’s the slight issue of the Ranks. I’ve figured ot the first 4 (I think) But after that, I have no clue. Maybe a guide to that too. And the enemies a different rank.

Summary:
    –>A glossary of the enemies
    –>A guide to the ranks
    –>Different colored ranks for the enemies

• Bogen says:

How about with the glossary of the enemies, you only get information once you hit certain ranks? So when you hit say rank 40, you get the info (weaknesses + strengths) of enemy ninjas and allied ninjas. Or something like that would be sweet

18. SonOfBDEC says:

Oh, Also, could you make it so that there isn’t a tree in front of your castle? I find it rather annoying when I can’t see who’s in my castle and what I have in front.

Also, the Ctrl and Shift(Alt?) Keys to move Catapult and Trebuchet are not listed in the help. And you might label that as controls, because I didn’t realize what that was for the longest time. >.<

19. supertupr says:

I love the drago but werid it run at the most weird times
    plus maybe you could upgrade the damage of it other dragons do 600 while ours does 200, even when its at rank ten i call it master up it by 100

20. coldguy says:

hey i use mozilla firefox and i cant minimize or increase the game screen size so i was hoping if you could fix that

21. supertupr says:

also hate this so freaking much, the fire and elemental attack keep attacking my mages and priest shields keep breaking my force fields please remove the damage to shields by elemental attacks

22. supertupr says:

i think this might be cool how bout having a ride for your hero? like a dragon?

23. zarkiller says:

hey another small thing. the poison arrow description says “strong against cure arrows enemys”. and it would be nice if you could add a control that lets you shift between your arrows specials. like, ” if you repeatly push one arrows hotkey, you chance from single arrow to multi arrow, to homing, ect.

24. Ruhtra says:

Yes, that would be great.

25. SonOfBDEC says:

I thought that this was a Wacky Bomb only thing, but I’ve noticed that if a enemy get crisped OR frozen and is half off the screen, you can not destroy it. It’s just sitting there, being annoying. Especially when it’s a dragon.

So you’ve noticed dragons hanging out at the edge of the screen and not moving forward? Any other units doing this?

• SonOfBDEC says:

I’ve seen this with a enemy archer and a orc, but it’s only when frozen into an ice cube, or burnt to a crisp. Once this happens, if they are half on/off the screen at the time, they do not recover, and can not be destroyed.

26. Natsu says:

a very good addition in the next update should be to command your allies to stay in one place or to move as we can already do with the trebuchet and the catapult. Also a epic add to the game would be to ride the dragon ally.

27. Hi,

I think a two player game mode that is optional would be very good too, were you and a friend battle against each other, like you are the good or evil army and your friend is the evil army or good army depending on which side you or your friend chooses.

Please make this, It would be awesome.

Well-loved. Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

28. Ruhtra says:

The Evil army is very strong (Would have to match the units), but is a good idea.

29. SonOfBDEC says:

Also, The wolf attack animation is not positioned right compared to the enemy. The wolf has to get halfway past the enemy before he attacks, but it seems that the enemies don’t have to be before attacking him.

And I noticed that I had a preist fairy stop moving behind him, and I’m trying to recreate the glitch. >.<

30. music bug says:

• SonOfBDEC says:

I’ve mentioned this too, I think. You just have to wait until it stops, and bear with it until then.

Also, try replying to yourself and only saying what you’re adding to your earlier comment. It’s rather annoying to see multiple posts by the same person about the same thing. Thanks. ^.^

• Kory says:

ein großartiger film, der durch seine zwar nicht einzigartige, aber fantastische erzählweise überzeugen kann – die details, die dabei immer wieder preisgegeben werden, sind keineswegs langweilig und machen meiner meinung nach den ganzen charme des filmes aus tolle leistung auch der schauspieler, insbesondere der protagonistinich persönlich kann diesen film auch nur empfehlen und ebenso der wertung dieser rezension anschließenpersönliche wertung: 8/10VA:F [11.a17_116.](from 0 votes)

31. music bug says:

a bug. I turned the music off…but when I win and click to the upgrade menu, the music comes out and continues to play on the next level, then i need to click on then off again.

32. Creatures says:

The dragon unit is a very good idea, maybe you can put some other mythical creatures to help you too? like a griffin? a unicorn? or a serpent? it would be so fun.

• SonOfBDEC says:

Yes, it would be cool, but not very realistic. We’ve been going without the dragon for so long, it’s just nice to have an air unit. And he;s working on ninjas right now, not mythical creatures.

33. Creatures says:

oh yea, and i find it very annoying when i use a powerful skill but it takes up 7/8 of the mp bar….. i’m a mage and i maxed out all the mp upgrades…. but the mp bar reloads extremely slowy.

• SonOfBDEC says:

That’s not a powerful skill, that’s a lot of them. My level 42 Mage can use Earth Wave, Bomb Wave, Chain lightning, Bomb Arrow, and Dark arrow in fairly quick succession.

I will say that the MP Regen is a bit off. It says 15MP a second, but It raises the MP every 2 or 3 seconds.

34. Creatures says:

and jason, can you make a system where you can control the amount of a certain type of unit that goes on the field? cause my units are maxed and sometimes my archer number take over the trebuchet and catapult slot and they don’t spawn at the start of the battle

35. Creatures says:

• SonOfBDEC says:

What you do is you click the little unit buttons at the bottom and make it so your Catapult/Trebuchet/Priest/Battle Mage/Wolf/Dragon are the only ones that are coming out until You’ve gotten them out, THEN turn on the Archers/Grunts/Whatever you use. (Red outline and dark means they won’t spawn, white outline means on)

36. I stayed up till 7.00am playing Bowmaster Prelude once.

I love the Bowmaster games, when I first played Prelude and Winter storm, I thought they were great.
    I always look forward to playing Winter storm.

37. marksmen says:

Are you planning to let us choose our colours and emblem like in bowmaster prelude? i thought it was a rather nice feature 😀

Jason, I just got my mage up to rank 130, but now it’s gone!

39. Creatures says:

the dragon doesn’t damage ice or fire grunts

40. I can’t wait for the new ninja allied unit.

41. Shadow says:

Ha ha, ninja was my idea >_>

😀

Thanks for listening, Jason!

42. AGMIN says:

would be a good have friendly Ents :)

Jason, why do poison globs and fire damage the mages shield even when they’re NOT TOUCHING THEM?

44. homebrew_Ds says:

lol i shot cure arrows to my dragon it died XD
    i notice this is a glitch with a lot of new units coming out. you should test that with the new units jason.

• homebrew_Ds says:

i also found another glitch first one was finding out that some of the elements stick to the mages shield like hang on it and the second (its pretty useful in some situations) is if you shoot the fire storm/ ice storm at the edge of the map (not hitting any units just the edge of the window) the fires and or ice bullets will attack the whole side of the screen covering the whole sky area.

45. Jordan says:

you should make a allied unit for every enemy

46. Jordan says:

And how comes you cant have that much units on the feild at one time

47. Jordan says:

i’ve noticed that lately if you spawn the dragon, ninja, mages and both catapults then try and spawn grunts and other units then it doesnt work you only get the units i mentioned first for the whole game, but its only started doing trhis within this week.

48. Jordan says:

how comes my message didnt get through

49. Jordan says:

doesnt matter its there now

50. Jordan says:

How comes u havnt updated bowmaster yet it should have bin done yesterday init