SpaceCraft: Particles!

I’ve implemented some long overdue visual effects with the help of particles! Check out the new VFX in battle mode in SpaceCraft.

2015-08-17_0834

Particles!

• Explosions got way cooler with the addition of some particle effects.
  • Rockets now have trailing smoke (easier to identify rocket projectiles).
  • Damage to ships is visualized with streaks of smoke.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug that allowed Guests to vote on ships viewed from the leaderboard.
  • Added missing color information to ball and oval parts; filtering by colors now should show them correctly.

General Changes

• Changed minimum battle view zoom level to further out so that you may see a better overall view of the battle in all of its glory.
  • Alternating space background for each battle.

Gameplay Balance

• Rockets and bombs no longer fire in bursts; all their damage potential is added into a single mine/rocket, and the burst timer is reset upon firing.
  • Increased speed of rockets, reduced turn rate of rockets.

11 Responses to SpaceCraft: Particles!

1. X@nd0r says:

I have probably spent well over 3 hours playing this game. It is a terrific game! I wanted to compliment you, and give you some feedback as a ‘thank you’.

-There needs to be a way to delete ships. I have a lot of failed models that take up space, and get entered into battles.
    -It would be amazing if I could choose how many of each type of my ships get sent into battle. It would be great to customize a ‘squad’. It is frustrating when my favorite ship doesn’t make it to a battle, or when too many of one type of ship get selected.
    -It seems like the rewards granted for winning battle don’t actually get applied.

I have been playing your games since BowMaster, so I am a long time fan checking in! Thanks for all of the fun games over the years.

• X@nd0r says:

That should say 30 hours!

• LostVector says:

Thanks for your feedback! I will look into these issues and consider them for my next set of updates. I do plan on being able to have more control over what you put into battle. Right now it draws from your entire set of ships by color affiliation. I have a system that I’m testing for putting units into your “fleet” much like how you toggle “allow voting”. As for deleting ships you don’t like, I will figure out a better solution for this in the future.

2. bluebolt says:

I like the game, but it keeps crashing when in a battle :( Is there a way to fix it?

3. Daniel Cannata says:

I’ve been a fan and follower of you for many years now. Ive played all of your games on a frequent basis each so I dont remember my first one anymore. but IIve been on this site as far back as 2010 i remember.

This game is absolutely awesome! Though my only complaints have already been mentioned in previous comments so there is no need. I trust you will work on them well.
    Last time i visited your site, i was not able to donate anything. But now i can. Is there is an option to do so?

4. kisma says:

I like the game

5. youssef says:

je suis le boss รง
    a pus sa rass

6. Phil Chavie says:

Where is Bowmaster 2. I’ve read online that it was completed in December of 2006.
    Could you send me a link to play the game. I am ready………..

Thanks.

7. tjx says:

My computer lost connection while i was away from the computer for a couple of minutes and i tried to log back in but it won’t let me. P.S love this game my brother to

8. tjx says:

This game also needs controls for the ships, and status bars (health bars) for other ships too.