There’s some cool new upgrades I added to help defend against those pesky elemental dragons. Introducing the fire and ice flak bomb upgrades. These work just like the regular flak bomb but now harness elemental damage which should prove useful against enemies weak to specific elemental attacks. Tip: Use fire flak bombs against ice dragons.
Another cool upgrade is the Fairy Bomb. This is a cure related skill that unleashes ferocious war mongering fairies that are hell bent on seeking out their targets to inflict imminent and utter … healing. Yeah, so they’re not that ferocious I guess but don’t tell them that. These guys home in on injured units (you included) and restore some health when they get close to you. If no units need healing they will live out their natural short lives happily bouncing about the terrain until their life timer expires at which point they explode (as they should) dealing no significant impact on the surrounding environment.
The user interface received a few much needed tweaks. You can now scroll through your action bars using the mouse wheel. The action bar ID is now listed in between the up and down action bar scroll buttons. Currently there are three available action bars to put all your cool projectile related upgrades. This may increase in the future.
Also UI related, you may now move your character with the arrow keys in addition to the WASD keys. I’m not sure why I forgot to add that, it was literally just four lines of code 😉 Don’t get too excited though; I’m not yet working on a fully customizable keyboard bindings interface. That’s a nice-to-have feature that you may see in the future though.
- New Upgrade! Fire Flak Bomb Arrow (fire skill)
- New Upgrade! Ice Flak Bomb Arrow (ice skill)
- New Upgrade! Fairy Bomb Arrow (cure skill)
- Added "Like" button to the HTML landing page of this game. If you’re on facebook then be sure to "like" this page.
- Decreased mana cost for elemental arrows significantly
- Decreased mana cost of Flak Bomb Arrow.
- Increased the cost per rank upgrade for Flak Bomb Arrow
- Fixed issue that caused Hunter’s Spike Trap to not work properly.
Unintentional cruelty to units fixed: After last update, dead units would get inverted and placed underground when frozen, on fire, or sliced in half. Death visuals should work properly now. Poor game units. As if being frozen, chopped, or burnt wasn’t enough I had to also turn them inside out and bury them underground.
- Fixed issue where a grunt unit’s head when encased in ice caused extra ice to form above the top of the head as if to accommodate a cone head shaped unit. The ice now forms evenly around the unit’s head thus making him less self conscious but more importantly allows him to die with dignity.
- Fixed issue where the Wacky Bomb would break if it moved to the left or right edge of the screen too high above the ground. Oh that wacky Wacky Bomb. Always getting itself into trouble. Perhaps he just needs some extra love and attention so he won’t act out so much. This can be said for much of the features in this game so he will just have to wait his turn!
Stay tuned for updates. Keep me informed of any issues you may find.